.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Saturday, January 17, 2004

At The Movies...

Listening to "I Don't Wanna Be Me" by Type 'O' Negative, from the excellent "Life Is Killing Me" CD. (Go to the Extreme Metal section for a short review)

Spent most of the day cleaning up a huge mess I call my bedroom. Cleared up my desk, arranged my BB Guns and put up a new KoRn and Slipknot poster. The trick now is keeping them up cause they have a tendency to peel of the wall themselves. Their EVIL I tells ya!

Then the evening comes and me and my girl Trish head to Bintang Plaza to watch Peter Pan at the Star Cineplex. I know it's a kiddie movie but the reviews say it's got a darkside to it. Anyway, we got there early so after buying tickets, Trish went window shopping while I kicked ass in Rage of Dragons at the Arcade, losing to the damn cheap boss, Johann, again at the end.

The movie itself was kinda good. Personally, I was rooting for the pirates since they were such underdogs (and also very stupid). Captain Hook was a cool heel and definately the more interesting part of the movie. At one point I thought the movie was over but it was just 45 minutes into it! I recommend giving it a shot. It has it's fun moments and some very good special effects, particularly the flying bits. I give it a good 3 out of 5. My favorite version of the Peter Pan story is still "Hook" starring Robin Williams and Robert DeNiro :-)

I'll be doing these movie reviews regularly as I go to the movies alot with my girl. I try not to support video piracy by buying cheap pirated VCDs, and neither should any of you out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home