.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Champion Carnival Winner Crowned!

All Japan's 2004 Champion Carnival has come to a close! Check out my short report to find out who won!
Also posted a short article on yesterday's Backlash match between Randy Orton and Mick Foley with an interesting view on the match in general.

PS2 EXTREME SPORTS WEEK: DAY2
PS2 Game Review: NFL STREET
I’ll admit I’m not a big fan of American football, but I do watch it occasionally on ESPN. And by playing the NFL Blitz series, I learned a lot of how the game works. Basically on offence you get four plays to advance a certain number of yards, and you lose possession of the ball if you fail to achieve that number of yardage. And of course on defense it’s your job to prevent the opposing team from scoring.
Now, in NFL Street, the rules are almost the same. Except your team’s not in uniform and their playing in a variety of none-linear locales including the beach and the street. There are many other locations to unlock in the game. And the rules are a little less restrictive too.
The game itself looks good, graphically it resembles Def Jam Vendetta. And the audio is passable with an all rap soundtrack if your into that. The one complaint I do have of the game is the controls. They seem simple with it being advertised as ‘pick up and play’, but that not really the case as there isn’t even a tutorial mode to help you out.
Still, this game targets the NFL audience as well as previous EA Madden NFL games and that’s exactly who should pick this up. I’d recommend the NFL Blitz series to those not to familiar and want easy to learn controls.
Ratings:
Graphics – 7
Sound – 7
Gameplay – 6
Lifespan – 6
Overall – 5

Tomorrow: MLB Slugfest 2004!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home