.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Friday, June 26, 2009

Long Live The King...?

This morning the first thing my dad tells me when he sees me is that Michael Jackon has passed away at the age of 50. I haven't been a big fan of his in recent years not only cause of the child molestation accusations, but because his newer music didn't appeal to me all that much either. But he did have his moments with some really memorable songs and videos, like Smooth Criminal, which remains one of my all time favorites. So may the King of Pop rest in peace.

Also passing away on the same day was actress Farrah Fawcett, best known as one of the original Charlie's Angels, and being on one of the most famous posters ever (It's even in the Smithsonian!). She lost her battle with cancer at the age of 62.

These two unfortunately join the list of other recent Hollywood celebrities to have recently passed away: Dom Deluise, David Carradine (who died in Thailand under mysterious circumstances), B. Arthur, Ricardo Montalban and Ed McMahon.

May they all rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home