.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Dare you take Dante's Inferno test?

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished me to the Fifth Level of Hell!
Here is how I matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Low
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)Very Low
Level 2 (Lustful)High
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Very High
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very High
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Extreme
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Very Low
Level 7 (Violent)Very High
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)High

Take the Dante Inferno Hell Test

Interesting to note that my score is the same as my namesake.

PS2 Game Review: Medal of Honor - Rising Sun
I was a big fan of the original Medal of Honor: Allied Assault on the PC when it first came out. Medal of Honor was the game that got me interested in First Person Shooters (FPS), especially anything with a good sniper element to it.

I would normally never give a second thought to getting a FPS on a console, but it was the Pearl Harbor level that tweaked my interest to get the game, much like the Normandy Invasion level of Allied Assault first hooked me in.

There are only nine missions in the single player game, and their not very difficult either as almost every enemy killed grants health ups so your never really in any real danger. But there’s still the possibility you’ll miss something like bonus objectives or even save points if you don’t truly explore the environment. You could probably finish the single player mode in one afternoon. It only took me 3 days, but I have a schedule to work with. The big selling point would have been the online play option, but I wouldn’t know since I don’t have PS2 Online.

The levels bring you from the battle ships of Pearl Harbor to the jungles of Burma, and even on to the streets of Singapore. And it’s not all run and gun action. Some objectives require you to provide covering fire while riding on the back of transport vehicles, and in one mission, you ride an elephant while gunning down Japanese soldiers! That was one of the more fun rides.

Graphics are good, but not really outstanding. You get some detail, but in some levels, your stuck with the ‘corridors full of doors you can’t open’ syndrome. The jungle levels are also pretty much redundant.
The audio is very good, almost like being in a movie. The background music changes with the ambiance and catches the mood of the moment.

Other than the game being short, the only problem I could find was in the controls. It takes some getting used to playing with the analog sticks, and it definitely makes accurate shooting a bit of a task. Most of the time, during intense gun fights, you find yourself getting hit a lot cause your trying to lock on to the enemies. So you also end up doing a lot of strafing left and right hoping you hit them before they hit you.

The unlockable extras I’ve come upon are storyboards and other historic video footage. Not really much of a big plus, but fun since they make the story boards out to be short stories of how the developers wanted things to go.

Overall, I thought it was a good game, though the single player mode can only appeal for so long. Definitely worth a trying if you’re into FPS games or have PS2 online to play multiplayer online games.

Ratings:
Graphics - 7
Sound - 8
Gameplay - 6
Lifespan - 7
Overall - 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home