.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Godzilla + Blair Witch Project = Cloverfield

Yup, I finally have something to post about!

Last night me and Ling went to watch Cloverfield, and I thought it was a great monster movie despite the slow start and the shakey camera shots that gave Ling a headache and nausea. It's one of those movies where we see everything from the point of view of "found amateur footage" of a video camera that documents a night in New York (May 22nd, my birthday!) when a giant monster attacks the city and a group of friends struggle to survive.

Cloverfield is the first of 3 big movies using the same "amateur home video" style coming out this year. Just released was George Romero's Diary of the Dead, and later this year, Quarantine, and American adaptation of the 2007 Brazillian movie [REC], which was voted by many as being one of the scariest movies of the year.

Still on the topic of movies, last week me and Ling caught the latest Stephen Chow offering, CJ7, at the cineplex. The movie revolves around a poor man finding a toy for his son (actually played by a girl) in the garbage heap, and it turns out to be an alien toy/pet. So your probably guessing the kid goes on to all kinds of zany adventures with his new magical friend, right? WRONG. I won't spoil the rest of it, but me and Ling thought this movie was a big dissapointment and probably would have been better if they just went with the obvious.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home