.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Shocking the arcade!

I've been in a bit of a slump at the arcades recently, amounting more loses than wins at the local King of Fighters league. But I redeemed myself in a big way yesterday as I scored a big win against my arch rival using the most unlikely of trios! There's this guy at the arcade who's been near unbeatable using the ultra cheap team of Chris, Yashiro and Choi. I've lost to him more times than I can remember, but yesterday I scored the big one when I used a first time team of Joe Higashi, Ramon & Chang Koe Han!
This was the first time I had EVER used Chang and I sent him out first against Chris, and what followed shocked EVERYONE as I literally beat him with ease, and that has NEVER happened before for ANYONE! Next up was the guy I probably hate the most, Choi Bounge. And while my Chang ended up losing to him, he did put up a heck of a fight. Next up was my Ramon, who I am notorious in the arcade as being the master of. And thanks to the damage Chang did, I manage to beat Choi easilly too. Next up was the big man, Yashiro. Which would lead to Ramon pulling the big upset as I managed to counter and escape the usual traps the guy likes to use and shocked everyone when I beat Mr. Unbeatable with one man left! Everyone was in awe that I of all people had toppled the juggernaut!
Even though I lost the next match when he switched characters, I had won back my pride as being the most unpredictable player in the league as I had defeated DECISIVELY one of the most powerful teams and players in it.
 
On that note, I've posted a review of AJPW's Excite Series 2004 PPV. Check it out and expect more reviews soon as I've still got a ton of tapes to watch through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home