.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Spiderman 2 Special Combo

I haven't updated the blog for the past few days cause my PC caught a virus from somewhere and had to be reformated. After my PC was fixed I was then faced with the problem of getting my ADSL modem working again, which thanks to my cousin Mel is now working OK and I'm back in business.
I got the RAW report up together with some puroresu news and results. Stay tuned for my NOAH DEPARTURE Tokyo Dome predictions in the next few days. I've also got some new puroresu shows which I will update on the VCD site soon, but I got one new puroresu tape review up.

Spiderman 2: The Movie
I went to watch the Spiderman 2 movie with Trish last night and damn it was a heck of a movie. I expecially loved the fight scenes between Spiderman and Doctor Octopus, which I would probably vote as the best live action superhero fight scenes EVER! I also like the small touches they put in like Spidey's costume getting ripped up in battles. I hated how pathetic they made Peter Parker look at times though. I HIGHLY recommend everyone watch this one! And see if you can spot Marvel Comics Godfather Stan Lee in the movie. I spotted him twice!

Spiderman 2: The Game
OK, I admit it, I played the game FIRST before actually watching the movie! It may have spoiled a bit of the movie, but it's not a 100% adaptation of the movie, so no really big spoilers here. What made this really fun was the complete freedom you have to rome the city! That's right, they made this game GTA style, but minus the car-jacking (Unless you count stopping car-jackers). Along with the freedom of running around the city is random crimes that happen throughout which is up to you if you want to help or not. There is a main story, but it's up to you when you want to take on the set missions. But if you go straight after the main storyline, you'll finish the game pretty quickly (It took me just THREE days). But after finishing the main story, the game still continues on as you try to complete the objectives left over.
I REALLY liked the story in the game, which itself could pass for a movie/cartoon/comic storyline. Watching the story unfold in the game made me wonder what parts were actually in the movie. One part I wished was in the movie was the inclusion of Black Cat as Spidey's ally, coaxing him to let loose and being his sidekick at times.
The game itself is the closest you can get to actually being Spidey himself as you can learn all the tricks of his trade. There are a ton of moves to master and hundreds of missions to beat, and that's not just including saving civillians. Other missions also include beating the clock in races and delivering pizzas! And you'll need every ounce of skill to beat some of the tougher missions.
This game is definately tailor made for fans of the web-slinger as well as fans of the movie. I highly recommend it!

Spiderman 2 Game Ratings:
Graphics - 8
Sound - 7
Gameplay - 8
Lifespan - 8
Overall - 8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home