.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Monday, September 13, 2004

Weekend ramble

This post fueled by Slayer's "God Hates Us All" CD.
And did anyone notice the special appearance by Zakk Wylde on Angel last Thursday?

Where to begin? Saturday was a public holiday here, so I didn't have to spend half the day at the office like I usually would, and since my parents were out of town, I decided to spend the day out before picking up Trish from work and sending her home. My buddy TenzanTeam2K was searching high and low up in KL for King of Colosseum 2, I chipped in and took a look around here, even though the chances were slim of getting it here before KL. And of course I turned up zilch. Not even Biohazard: Outbreak File 2 which is out in KL already!
I did manage to find the full Alien VS Predator movie toyline by McFarlane Toys, but they were going for RM120 a piece! And for some reason, I don't remember any of the Predators in the movie sporting 3ft blades on their arms other than the usual double blade claw like these action figures had.
That evening, me and Trish were thinking of watching Anacondas: Hunt for the Blood Orchid, but all the good seats at the cineplex were taken. We decided to indulge and have dinner at Pizza Hut. Wouldn't you know we'd score a FREE pizza when they sent us the WRONG order? They said it would be on the house since they goofed up. Some time later, they delivered ANOTHER WRONG pizza! This time they took it back and appoligized some more before finally getting us our pizza. We took the freebie pizza with us as a takeaway and went home to watch the fun Martin Lawrence movie, National Security, on HBO and snacked on the freebie.

Yesterday I was gonna bring back the return of my long overdue article 'Spoiling the Illusion'. But wouldn't ya know after posting my predictions for WWE Unforgiven, and half way through the article, my PC froze and the article was lost! And the freeze also reset my Stramyx settings! So I couldn't get back online. My cousin who could help me with the settings wasn't free either, so he can only drop by tonight to take a look it.
Wasn't a total loss though. It freed up my time to finally play Resident Evil: Outbreak on PS2. With the sequel already out in Japan, I knew I had to play the game now! And I finally finished the first scenario too! Expect a review soon. Hopefully before File 2 comes out.
I also had the opportunity to check out the movie "Airheads" on Star Movies. This was a movie I had been wanting to watch for a very long time! Starring Brandon Frasier, Steve Buscemi and Adam Sandler as a unknown heavy metal band who take a radio station hostage to force them to play their demo tape. Lots of hilarity in this one! Including some special appearances by Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead, White Zombie performing in a club, and MTV icons, BEAVIS & BUTTHEAD making a call to the radio station!
Yesterday evening, I watched the Tony Awards on Star World. YES. I have an interest in watching Broadway shows. Did ya know they created a Broadway PREQUEL to the Wizard of Oz called Wicked? Or a Broadway show called "Assasins", based on nine people who throughout history tried to assasinate American presidents? Or a Sesame Street copy called Avenue Q, but with more mature feel to it? Yup. Broadway isn't all singing and dancing!

All that out of the way, In addition to my "Spoiling the Illusion" column, my long awaited NOAH DEPARTURE Tokyo Dome show review is up! Along with some stuff in the metal section. Check back later for my WWE Unforgiven review, which I hope to post after watching the replay tonight since I can't catch the live airing.
And I've posted a little something special in the Video Games blog. Check 'em out and enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home