.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Happy Independance Day

Today our country celebrates another year of independance. For a bubba like me, it's just another day off of work. Don't get me wrong, I may not show it, but I'm everybit as patriotic as the next guy. Here's a short list of things I'm proud of here in Malaysia:
- I'm proud to live in a country where foul language, violence and boobs are censored off TV shows and movies even if we pay to watch it.
- I'm proud to live in a country where good music is either censorerd or banned unless it tops the charts in some other country.
- I'm proud to live in a country where everyone claims to be a patriot, yet only waits for this one time a year to buy flags and decorate up their car thinking it's so cool, but really looks like a eyesore. Come this time tomorrow, all of them will be reverted back to normal.
- I'm proud to live in a country where they preach how we all need to know the national language, yet blame the teaching system when nobody can get a job cause they can't speak english.
- I'm proud to live in a country where there are thight gun laws, cause if it weren't for that, I probably would have staged my own little Columbine about 10 years back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home