.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Monday, August 09, 2004

"Watch" Duty

Spent my weekend looking for a new watch since my current one is almost wasted after almost seven years of service. Unfortunately, most of the new models these days are pretty crappy. You get the plain simple watch and that's it. No lights, no stop watch, no additional functions, and you gotta fork out 300 bucks for it! Some that did have functions were pretty pointless. Like press a button to change the background colour. Huh?!? And still no night light! One jackass shop assistant told me it's the trend now, while waving his crappy watch in front of me. I just responded I'm not a trendy person and that trends to me are secondary, whereas functions are more important. The guy couldn't even answer my question about if the watch could withstand corrosion from salty air and water I have to endure if I go work offshore.
Since the mega carnival sale will be going on all month, I'll still have time to look around, and hopefully find what I'm looking for.

Anyways, New Japan's annual G-1 Climax tour kicked off on Saturday, so last night I decided to finally watch through the 2003 shows which I had purchased earlier in the year, but didn't watch because when I played them before, there was delayed audio. Funny thing was, when I popped the tape into the VCR and it started playing, the audio was all OK! I checked the other two tapes in the set and they were alright also! Taking it a step further, I tried the DDT Royal Ramble tape which had similar problems and it was OK as well!
I have no idea what went bad the first time I tried them all those months ago. Maybe it had something to do with reformating my PC? Either way, I've gotta lot of Puroresu to watch again! And more are on the way as I've placed a few new orders! And since the 2003 G-1 tourney is covered in three FOUR HOUR tapes, check back regularly as I post my match reviews and thoughts on what was thought by many to be the best G-1 in recent memory (Unless this year's can top it, which by early looks of it, could happen!). Good times are a coming!

On top of that, for your reading pleasure, I finally finished my article I typing up about New Japan's Hiroshi Tanahashi and his U-30 title reign. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home