.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Saturday, October 09, 2004

They got balls!

Went with Trish last night to watch the Vince Vaughn/Ben Stiller movie, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story. This was laugh-a-minute hysterical! Especially the scene where they were doing their training. Make sense that if you can dodge a wrench being thrown at you, you can dodge a ball! I highly recommend checking out this movie if you haven't already!

When I got back, I was in a bit of a pickle like Thursday, as when Survivor was about to start, The Z-Channel was showing the Mitsuharu Misawa VS Masahiro Chono Tokyo Dome match from 2002 in it's entirety! Pondering awhile, I decided to stick to the match and switch to Survivor during the ad breaks.
One thing was definately clear from the start, Misawa was in WAY better condition than Chono. The match itself may have been historic also, but it was by no means a mat classic either as they plodded along. I could tell it was because Chono was running out of gas quickly. Then again, in a match of this magnitude, there had to be a few egos involved.
Something Chono did really puzzled the whole Tokyo Dome, myself included when Chono ordered Tenzan & Team 2000 (remnants of NWO Japan for those of you who didn't know) to loosen the top rope! Have no idea why Chono would do that, but it gave me a bad flashback to the Toryumon 2/22/2004 main event. They eventually got the ropes fixed though, thank Gosh.
I already knew the match would be a 30-min draw, but I still marked out for some of the near falls. Heck, Scott Norton had a look on his face like a kid in a candy store watching these two legends go at it. Norton was probably the luckiest gaijin in the world at that point to be the only gaijin with a golden ringside seat like that! This was probably also the only time I can EVER remember seeing Chono pull off a hurricanrana!
After the match was over, Hiroyoshi Tenzan called out Misawa, wanting to be next to face him. Team NOAH got in his face, particularly Takashi Sugiura & Takeshi Rikioh. Both groups seperated without incident. I would love to see a Tenzan VS Rikioh match right about now.

I've also posted my PPV predictions for next week's WWE Taboo Tuesday PPV. The interactive show where the YOU, the FAN, decides how EVERYTHING will go. Based on the choices WWE gives of course.
Also posted an update in the KOC2 blog.

Usefull Site of the Day
Looking for a FREE site to upload your images on the web? Go to theimagehosting.com. They provide a free service to store images online for you to post to message boards, avatars, thumbnails, etc. ALL FREE. You just need a valid e-mail address and the image can't be larger than 1Mb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home