.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Show your Fists!

Well, I haven't been able to update my blog in awhile do to having some very bad internet connections of the past few days, but everything seems to be up and running fine now.
I'm too lazy to remember what went on this past few days, but there were alot of family gatherings due to an aunt of mine on her annual visit home from Australia where she now resides. It's like a family tradition that every family hold a dinner get-together for her when she's here. My family had ours on Sunday.

I've also rekindled my interest in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) as I've gotten my hands on a few recent PRIDE FC shows. I used to really be interested in No Holds Barred (NHB) back in the day when the Ultimate Fighting Championships were just getting off the ground. I even bought Ken Shamrock's book and started training myself following his exercise routine and learning his art of takedowns and submissions. My interest died down for a while and was resparked some years later when I would watch K-1 on the satellite TV every week until it was stopped on the channel. Now that I've finally managed to watch MMA again, there are a whole new batch of fighting heroes I support like Vanderlei Silva, who seems to be just unstoppable, and of course, Mirko "CroCop" Filopovic. I still have alot of old favourites like Igor Vovchachyn and Kazushi Sakuraba, but guys like these seem to now be past their prime and are on the losing side alot due to lack of stamina which comes with aging. I still look forward to their fights though.

Speaking of which, I've also started working out again and dieting taking fat-burners and diet pills recommended to me by my girl Trish, who works at a pharmacy and has good knowledge on these products. Problem is, my body is aching and stiff everyday from my evening work-out sessions. I'm also not sure if it's a side effect of the diet pills, but there's been a stinging pain in my stomach these past few days, like someone is poking my intestines with a sharp stick or something. I'm hoping it will pass.

Next month I'll also be taking a much delayed vacation to go to Singapore with my parents. But I'm not really looking forward to it now as I was before, as I have just learned I'll be arriving there the day AFTER Slipknot, one of my favorite bands in the world, are having a LIVE CONCERT there! Those lucky Singaporeans! Your all probably thinking why don't I just reschedule my flight to go there earlier? Well, like I mentioned at the beginning of this is that I'm going with my parents, and I don't think they'll reschedule just to accomodate my wanting to attend an Extreme rock concert by one of the most Extreme bands on the planet.

There's always next time I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home