.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Riddle Me This...

It's been four days since the tragic passing of Eddie Guerrero. Two days since I saw the RAW tribute show to him (and I will now be forever haunted with images of Eddie whenever I hear the song "Hurt", either by Nine Inch Nails or Johnny Cash). And for some reason I still don't feel right. And I know I'm not the only one judging from replies from various message boards accross the internet. There are many of us out there who still grieve and feel the loss, and It just shocks me how the passing of a man a majority of us have never even met or seen in person can have such an emotional effect on us. I guess it runs deeper for some of us who have been following him for most of his career, but when you see grown men, women and children crying their hearts out during the 10-bell salute, you know he was indeed someone special to us all, and meant even more to guys like Chris Benoit who just simply lost it like he did, which in turn cost me to lose it myself. And up until, I've never really shed any tears for any pro-wrestler that passed away, whether it was a retired legend, or one of the younger generation like Chris Candido, Owen Hart and Brian Pilman.

I read somewhere that Eddie Guerrero should have been the happy story of pro-wrestling, where a guy conquered his demons and went on to become one of the best in the business, a legend if you will, but that was not to be. I really couldn't have put it better myself. I don't watch Smackdown here when it airs, but the one thing I've always looked forward to when it's time for the bi-monthly Smackdown PPV would be whatever match Eddie was involved in, because he was genuinely one of the best overall talents to watch. Whether he was a face or a heel, he always knew how to get the fans eating out of the palm of his hand.

I'm going to leave it here like this, cause once again I've hit a block not knowing what more to write. Time will heal all wounds I guess, but the memory will always remain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home