.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Monday, October 17, 2005

Long Week

No updates here all week cause it's been dangling between boring and irritating for me. Boring cause there's nothing to do, and irritating cause I've got a nagging pain in my left foot that limits my mobility. At least I can't Shining Wizard the dog anymore.

The Stupid Wedding Planner
Friday night Trish invited me to accompany her and her family to a wedding reception of a friend of hers. It started out good enough, but than suddenly the wedding the host asked if we'd mind moving and sharing a table so that they wouldn't need to use the spare table we were sitting at. This was when things got ugly as they wanted to seperate us and put us at different tables just to save on the cost of an extra table?!? Nevermind their unprofessionalism ended up disturbing the other guests who were half way enjoying their dinner. They wanted us to sit with some really old people (God knows how I hate old people) and it just didn't sit right with me and Trish. So, me and Trish just walked out of the dumb event as we were really pissed. We left her mom and sister there though as they managed to get a seat together so we thought at least they could stick around to enjoy the dinner. I thought this was just a really horrible way to treat your invited guests and they hired a horrible wedding planner to plan out the event for them, not just because the venue was at a crappy hotel, but because on the guy's business card itself it was written "Wedding Planning & CONSULTUNAT"! Yeah, that's about right. Get a stupid person to plan your stupid wedding.

They can still be funny
I'll admit the latest season of the Simpsons has been getting really boring lately, but last night there were two really laugh out loud hilarious moments for me. This was the episode where Principal Skinner and Mrs. Crabapple were supposed to get married, but Mrs. Crabapple ran for it. The next day she was heeled by the whole class including Nelson Muntz who was taking Skinner's side. When Crapapple asked why he would take his side when he hates the principal, Nelson replied, "Hey, Bros before Hoes"! I didn't think something like that would get past the censors since they do it heavilly on Saturday Night Live, but at the end of the show there was one more remark made that wasn't cut out, that being Skinner was dressed as Catwoman to infiltrate a comic convention to try and win Crabapple back from Comic Book Guy and when she rejected both of them, Skinner's mom dragged him out of the convention and commented that he looked like a MALAYSIAN crossdresser! Good times.

Also TV related, I really like where the current season of Angel is going. They killed off Fred, but she's still around as her body is possessed by a powerful demon called Illyana. If she ends up becoming an ally to Angel's crew like it's being hinted, this could get more interesting than it already is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home