.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Monday, May 08, 2006

Return of the Sick

Not sure why, but when I woke up this morning I had a bad sore throat and dry cough. I was forced to take half the day off work when I started developing a headache too, so I dropped by the pharmacy where Ling worked and bought some medicines for myself before heading home. I tried taking a nap but was sweating like a stuffed pig for most of the afternoon. What a way to start the week, huh?

I was home alone for most of last week as my parents were vacationing in Singapore to celebrate their anniversary. I won't complain cause I'm used to being on my own anyway.

There was a big PC fair going on at the indoor stadium over the weekend, and I went to check it out on Friday evening. I really wasn't impressed, as most of the vendors were pushing printers, laptops, mp3 players and sound systems. What about the PCs? I was looking for a new HD for my PC, and there were only like 2 or 3 stalls selling them. There was a stall selling PSPs, but you'd think they'd have a model on display since most people probably haven't seen in motion before.
On a personal note about the stadium, it was my first time in there and I was rather surprised at how small the place was. I seriously think a locally promoted pro-wrestling show could draw a good house there.

I spent most of saturday playing Shadow Hearts: From the New World, which is probably the best RPG game I've played since Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I spent my evening with Trish lounging at home watching TV, as well as a Pablo Francisco comedy special I had downloaded.

Sunday I picked Trish up from work in the afternoon and we went back to the PC fair at the indoor stadium where I picked up a new 160gig hard disc drive for my PC. Cost me RM320, but it was the best brand the difference between sizes and prices weren't really much. One big investment now saves me the trouble of doing it again later. Now I just need to install it, which I hope to do soon.
After I sent Trish home I then rushed to the airport to fetch my parents. We got a takeaway from KFC on the way home and I spent the rest of the evening relaxing. Doesn't explain why I got sick today though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home