.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Sinking Feeling

Last night me and Ling went to watch the remake of the classic movie Poseidon. It was a good remake, but also felt kind of depressing the way some of the key characters you expect to make it to the end end up dying. But at least for all the haters of the Black Eyed Peas, you get to see Stacy Ferguson die a horrible death. I vaguely remember the original movie, but I do remember enough to know that they changed the ending in this remake. I think I preferred the original ending better.

Catching up with other things going on in my life, I'm glad to say there's finally some good shows to watch on TV these days. There's Supernatural, about 2 brothers who are demon-hunters to say the least as they try to track down their father as well as the demon that killed their mom while they were kids.
There's the Scholar, a reality TV contest about a group of brainy kids battling it out for a chance at a college scholarship. I found it surprising that there are some questions I know the answers to that these big brain straight-A students couldn't answer. Hey, here's a concept for a reality show, instead of giving out scholarships to brainy students, how about giving the average kid a chance at higher education?
There's also the (not so) latest season of The Apprentice. Highly anticipating this one as the Donald gets so fed up with one of the teams on one of the tasks that he fires a whole group of them in one shot! It's still interesting to see also how these self-made business people can be rather dense when it come to their social skills with each other.
And tonight there's the 2-hour finale of the latest Amazing Race. I'm really rooting for the hippie team of BJ & Tyler since they've been the most entertaining team to follow.

I've also been watching a lot of anime lately. My interest rekindled by shows like Fate~Stay Night and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I used to be only into more action oriented anime, but I recently find myself now sticking to the comedies and dramas, and it doesn't hurt if there are a bunch of cute chicks involved either.

Gaming-wise, I'm really close to completing Shadow Hearts: From the New World. I could have finished it days ago, but I'm trying my luck at completing all the sidequests before finally beating the game. When that is done, I hope to get started on Kingdom Hearts 2. Check out my video games blog for a few reviews of what I've been playing recently too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home