.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all of you out there. Hope everyone had a good time ringing in the new year like I did.

Luckilly I was OK by yesterday evening after having a bad stomach ache for most of the day and managed to go out with Trish to party. We actually kept it simple on a small budget since we aren't clubbers or anything and didn't like hanging out in crowded pubs.
Instead, we went for a nice (almost) quiet western dinner at Hot Spot, and after that we went to watch the highly anticipated new Stephen Chow movie, Kung Fu Hustle. This movie definately lived up to the hype! The comedy spots were simply HILARIOUS and the fight scene were just INCREDIBLE!!! The special effects for the fights were awesome to say the least, almost like watching an anime fight or a video fight even. You could tell some of the elements were borrowed from those genres. Heck, there was this one scene were Chow's character infiltrated an insane asylum, and it so reminded me of the PS2 survival horror game, The Suffering or even Manhunt.
I also found it interesting that the main character played by Stephen Chow didn't really have alot of air time till the end due to the main storyline of the movie, which I won't spoil for you here. I strongly recommend checking out this movie, and it's definately on my list of DVDs to get when it becomes available.
The movie finished just before midnight, so me and Trish just saw the fireworks while driving in my car and it was pretty good, though not on a big scale since all official celebrations were cancelled out of respect for all the poor souls who lost their lives in last weeks tsunami disaster.

So here's wishing everyone a happy and safe new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home