.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Weekender

You know your having an interesting day when you go to the gas station and the house radio is playing Redman, who's cussin' up a storm with multiple uses of the F-word.

Friday night me and Trish had dinner at Pizza Hut. The new pizza's they've been offering recently have been really crappy, so we just stcuk with the regular menu stuff. We then went around Bintang Plaza and I finally bought myself a new watch. The one I have now is ok and all, but not really suited for office use. We than did some more looking around and Trish bought some stuff for herself before we decided to call it a night.

Saturday morning I went out with my parents. We went to the handphone shop where my mom had bought our new handphones as there were some problems we wanted answers to. For example, what were all the programs they put in to my phone and why can't it play MP3? Turns out they DIDN'T KNOW! Well, they knew my phone couldn't play MP3s cause the proper software wasn't installed, but they didn't provide the software themselves cause they aren't the ones who program them in! I really got pissed off at them here cause shouldn't it be there job to know what is what when it comes to handphones, and with a shop their size, shouldn't they also be able to provide good after sales service? I brought my phone to a small booth at Bintang Plaza later and they immediately knew what was wrong and how to fix my problems with the phone, and it only cost me 10 bucks! Turns out my phone only uses wav files for ring tones and not MP3s.
Last night me and Trish had a simple night together. We had dinner a sushi stall at the Boulevard Food Court, than headed home to my place to relax and watch some TV. We watched Ghost Hunters, where they returned to the haunted prison where they captured video footage of an unexplainable moving shadow, but came up empty this time. They also manage to catch moaning sounds at a suspected haunted house.
After that we watched the dark comedy, Club Dread, featuring the members of Broken Lizard, who also made the fun police comedy movie Super Troopers. The movie was a fun take on all the slasher movies going around now. After that I sent Trish home at around midnight and when I got back, one of the Indonesian satellite TV channels was showing the Thai movie Ong Bak. I remember watching the first half of this one when I went to offshore a couple of years ago. Never got around to watching the whole thing. Sad to say I was a bit dissapointed at the second half of the movie, but Tony Jaa is definately the real deal when it comes to his action sequences.

Bit of a dull day today. Relaxed at home before picking up Trish from work in the evening and we went jogging. We haven't gone jogging once this year and we decided to take this chance to finally go. Unfortunately it was cut short when my mom called and asked me to bring home dinner for my dad. So we finished our jog and I sent her home before meeting my mom to get the food and come home.
I caught Dave Chappelle on Oprah Prime Time just now and thought it was a pretty good interview, although Chappelle did seem like he was holding back a bit. I also just got done watching the orignal Tim Burton Batman movie on Cinemax, and it's still stands up as well today as any of the special effects laden movies to come out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home