.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Sunday, February 26, 2006

(sick) pt.3: Memoirs of...

After being sick most of the week, I was feeling good on Thursday. Good enough that I was able to go out with Trish like we usually do. We had dinner at McDonalds and than went to watch Memoirs of a Geisha at the cineplex. I thought the story was quite interesting, even if the characters did look rather guillable at times. And yeah, it does seem weird that the main characters of a movie depicting a Japanese lifestyle were all played by Chinese actresses.
Note to self: Mom's birthday is 2/23. I almost forgot it was my mom's birthday if it wasn't for the SMS greetings I received on my cell phone since it's registered under her name.

Friday morning I wake up and my head is pounding and my eyes are hurting. I didn't think much of it at first, but once I was outside my eyes really started to burn from the brightness of daylight. I managed to run a few errands for my office in the morning, but decided to take the afternoon off as it was pretty obvious I was suffering from a migrane or something and didn't want to risk it getting worse. I just relaxed at home for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Saturday morning I was feeling better again, just a little light headed. I went out for lunch with Trish before dropping her off at work. I went home and played some video games before taking a nap to rest my head. That evening I caught The Day After Tomorrow on Star Movies, and it still ranks as one of my fav disaster movies ever. I also watched the finals of the Dragon Gate King of Gate Tournament. Which was a really good show higlighted by an awesome 3-way tag match, a fun Survival Gate battle royal, and a great main event. Click the link to check out my review, which includes a detailed match review of the Survival Gate battle royal, so be warned of spoilers.

I was feeling OK today also. I think I'm at 85%. Spent the day resting at home again. Took a short nap in the afternoon before going out to pick up my mom from the airport. I relaxed in the evening on the PS2 again, where I completed the Ice disc of Cy-Girls. I picked it up in the bargain bin a while back, and it's a decent game with the only flaw being the insanely difficult puzzles, which I had to use a walkthrough guide to get through. That's normal according to many on-line reviews of the game. It's the only thing in it that marred what would be a pretty good game.
After that, I caught the HBO premiere of Shrek 2. Still a fun movie even if I still feel the first movie had the better story.
Now I'm going to go call it an early night and go to bed early so I'll be well rested in the morning to start a new week. Wouldn't want to go through another relapse again now would we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home