.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Monday, October 02, 2006

You are FREE...

...to do as we tell you - Bill Hicks

So me and Ling spent our weekend at CHURCH. Yup, you heard that right. The first time I've set foot in the Holy Ground in years. Why you ask? Because me and Ling had to attend a marriage councelling course, which is compulsary if we want to get married. We also have to attend another Family Planning course next month, as well as Ling attending a class to convert her to a Roman Catholic.
Now, I don't really mind going to church and understand the values of the church and my religion, it's just that when I come in contact with certain church people who think they are so high and mighty because they practice these good Christian values that I get sick of it and would rather not go. I love the way they end everything with "No one is forcing you" too.

Example: "You will go to Hell if you don't accept God in your heart. No one is forcing you, just thought you'd like to know."

There was this arrogant prick by the name of "brother" John that really got on my nerves throughout the course. Acting like he's so much better than all of us and he pissed off the whole class at one point. They wouldn't admit it, but I could see it in the eyes of everyone else when "brother" John asked us a question, and changed it up when we gave our answers.

Question: What are the possible problems you think you'll face after marriage?
Answer? Financial difficulties? WRONG!
Personal differences with your spouse? WRONG!
Dealing with your new in-laws? WRONG AGAIN!
Apparantly NOTHING comes close to accepting God in your heart to save your soul! If the world food supply finished tomorrow, it's best to have accepted God so as to guarantee a place in Heaven when you starve to death.

WHAT?!? WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM?!?
I don't know about you guys, but when the world food supply ends, I'm not going to get down on my knees and pray, but I'll make an effort to LOOK FOR FOOD or CULTIVATE MY OWN SUPPLY! Even if it means going next door and knocking out my neighbours with a baseball bat to take their food. I sure as Hell ain't going without a fight!

Seriously, this "brother" John guy was so smug and proud of his sense of superiority that he wouldn't even accept others opinions, going so far as to raise his voice to drown out any neigh-sayers to what he feels are "perfect" values.

He even said there was no such thing as compromise in Christianity. You think Ling would have wanted to attend that attempted brainwash session if she didn't compromise to go just so we could get married?!? She's even compromising her beliefs by taking up Christianity just cause it's something we have to do to get married. Nobody is forcing us? Heck yeah. Why do we have to attend this just so we can have our wedding in church? Why is it if she doesn't take the course, than we get an "Un-Christian" wedding? Yeah, No one is forcing us. We are all free to do as they tell us.

Need another example? Guess what's the best present you could give somebody? The very best top of the line present that can make your life complete and make you whole? Why, it's a BIBLE! No one's forcing you to get one, but remember accepting God in your life makes you whole, and you won't regret it when you go to Heaven. And if your interested, you can BUY a copy from "brother" John's wife. Nobody's forcing, remember that.

Good Lordy, everytime I look at "brother" John's face I felt like slapping the religious taste out of his mouth. It must be really lonely up in Heaven as I don't believe there are many that can work and suffer through that much just to be good enough to be accepted up there. If God wanted everyone to be good and abide by him, why put so much temptation out there? Of course they say he's testing us to see if we are worthy, but if he loves us all equally, why punish us? Why force us to submit to his will? F*ck it. I'd rather enjoy my life now and spend an eternity suffering in Hell while never knowing paradise AFTER I die.

I'll probably regret my words here one day, but hey, no one's forcing me, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home