.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Where were you on 9/11?

I was watching Third Watch on Star World last night. This was a drama show about paramedics, firemen and cops in New York. This show quickly became a favourite of mine a while back, and last night it got REALLY interesting as they were about to face 9/11!
Watching the way things unfolded for the characters on the show kinda reminded me about where I was when it all went down.
I remember clearly that I was at home watching TV and channel surfing till I caught a news flash on TV3, the image on the screen was the one of the World Trade Centre buildings on fire. At first I thought it was merely on fire, then I switched over the CNN and they said a plane had crashed into the building, which was shocking to say the least. Then the second plane hit, and it was an unbelieveable sight!
And when the buildings collapsed one-by-one, the only thought running through my head was, "Aren't there people still in there?!?"
I remember staying up until about 3AM following the live coverage. And the next afternoon when I reported for work at the hotel I used to work at, there were alot of upset American guests walking around. I found out they even kept the bar open later than usual the night just so everyone could follow the news.
I'm definately not gonna miss next week's episode of Third Watch, that's for sure. And I recommend everyone else to check it out too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home