.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Monday, June 26, 2006

Cars are shiny

Saturday night me and Ling went to watch the new Pixar animated movie, Cars. When they first started running the promos for this one last year I really didn't have any intention of watching it, let alone pay to watch it at the cineplex. But me and Ling seriously had nothing else to do so we went for it and I was rather surprised that it was rather good despite somewhat ripping off the plot from the Michael J. Fox movie Doc Hollywood and the plot hole of the world being populated by vehicles as people, who still need to live of petrol and repairs, but no explanation on who made them. But I might just be digging too deep into it as it was a rather good movie, and hats off to the animators as I thought they did an AMAZING job with the 3D shading. I swear, at times it didn't seem like 3D animation at all and more like stop motion plastic cars! The job they did with the details of the reflective surfices of the cars was truly award winning material.

GOOD TV
Friday night I watched what was undoubtedbly one of the best moments in TV ever. It was on the TV series Third Watch, and the moment was police officer Sully killing a Russian Mafia lord as revenge for killing his wife. It was just a really powerful moment of poetic justice and the way Sully planned it and got away with it made it all the more special. It was still a bitter sweet ending for him though as he attended the funeral of his wife all by himself only to be comforted by his friends and colleagues as they slowly came in during the very strong closing moment.
After watching this, I really wonder how the hell this show ever got cancelled in the US, as it definately stands as one of my favorite shows since I first started watching it years ago.

From something sad to something exciting, as AXN started airing season 1 of the Ultimate Fighter reality TV show. This is the show that gave the UFC major mainstream TV exposure and a popularity boost as 16 MMA hopefulls compete for a spot in the UFC. The show easilly lived up to my expectations as we see how these men train for their fights, under the watchful eyes of Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture.

Aa!
Last week I finished watching the anime series Fate~Stay Night, this week I finished watching another fun anime series called Azumanga Daioh, a really funny slice of life anime about the school days of a bunch of girls with quirky personas. Heck, we've all probably known someone like them during our school days, so it's easy to identify with the situations these girls go through, only with a really comedic twists added. Many anime critics highly praise and recommend this one, and I really agree with them on this one as it's something everyone really should watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home