.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Monday, June 19, 2006

Unlimited Blade Works

Saturday night Me and Ling had dinner at this new place called Ming's Cafe. We've been wanting to go there for a while now, but the location is really hard to get a parking space at. The place had a nice ambiance for an open air cafe, and had a good variety of foods too with fair prices. We're gonna try the western grill there next time since we noticed the rather generous portions they were serving to other tables.
After dinner we spent the rest of the evening at my place where we watched Soul Plane on DVD followed by White Noise on Astro. Sure I watched it already, but Soul Plane still cracks me up. I had seen White Noise previously also, but the subject matter still interests me. I remembered before how they promoted the movie by saying it contained an actual voice recording of the devil or something, but I'm not sure if they really used it in the movie.

Anyway, yesterday was also Father's Day. And my Dad came back from offshore just in time for it. He spent his day resting up at home for most of the day in addition to tending to the garden and the 6 fish tanks in our place. He deserves all the down time he can get considering he still works full time even though he's already past legal retirement age.

Also yesterday I watched the finale of the anime series Fate~Stay Night, a series that played a big part in my revived interest in Japanese anime. I can't believe it's already been over 6 months since I started watching this series, and while it wasn't all good all the time, it was definately one of the best anime series I've seen in a while that could keep my interest and keep me entertained. It does me good also that I have no idea of the background of this show too since I've been reading complaints all over the net about how this series wasn't 100% faithful to the game that it's based on, as well as people not happy with the outcome of the finale. All I can say about all that is that doing the right thing doesn't always result in a happy ending, and they ended the series in a way that you could really leave up to your own imagination of what really happened at the end. I seriously recommend checking it out if any of you get the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home