.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Shiver Me Timbers!

Last night me and Ling went to check out the highly anticipated sequel to Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, which is of course Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The movie was definately a worthy follow up to the original, though there were some major changes to the attitudes of the original characters compared to the last time. Capt. Jack Sparrow (again brilliantly played by Johnny Depp) was a bigger cut throat than in the last movie, which you could probably forgive since he's running for his life this time around. And remember that pirate duo (the fat guy and the one with the glass eye), they were dumb one minute, and actually competant the next, like during the part where they kept trading swords back and forth with Elizabeth while running from Davy Jones' crew in the jungle!
I thought the overall story of the movie was rather well played out, with a really good surprise at the end of the movie! I commend them for filming the third movie back to back with the second one, and I can't wait for that one to come out next year!

It's no secret I'm a fan of the Teen Titans cartoon series on Cartoon Network, but I'll admit there hasn't been much to be excited about in the current episodes. Well, that all changed tonight as they aired one of the best episodes I've seen in a while! "Titans Together" was the season finale, and boy did they go out with a bang! The highlight was a great battle scene featuring all the heroes and all the villians that ever appeared in the series, though I had no idea who half the heroes were. It was just awesome and probably one of the best American animated cartoon battles ever. Somebody tell me again why this show got cancelled?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home