.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Blog of Extreme

My twisted view in My twisted words....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sarawak, Malaysia

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Masters and Maidens

Been a busy week, but in that time I've been able to finish watching 2 fun anime series. First was Air Master, a martial arts/fighting anime about a girl named Maki Aikawa who's a former gymnastics champion turned street fighter. The fight scenes in this series are all nicely done, with plenty of "Ouch!" factor in the hard hitting critical blow department. The only complaint I would have is that the character design is really crummy. Maki looks ok, but alot of the character art for the show is just really bad. Read any review of the show online and that's one of the big flaws in the series. The only other small gripe I might have is that after the long build-up the series takes in building Maki's character, as well as the other characters in the story, it takes a long while before an actual plot is given, and at the end of the story is seems like the skipped over a few important battles. Two extra episodes to show what went on before the actual final battle would have been a good way to lead to the close of the series.

The other anime series that I finished watching was Rozen Maiden. An interesting show about a group of European looking dolls with Japanese names who battle it out in the "Alice Game" to earn "perfection", which I'm guessing is a Pinochio type deal of becoming human or something. It's actually pretty late into the series that a proper explanation of the Alice Game is given, but they actually did a good job of telling the story in a short 12 episodes, which included one of the funniest filler episodes I've ever seen! Definately going to have to try to get my hands on the second season of this series when I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home